This one is a little different then past forum contests as it's being run by different people but we kept most of the rules Kit has used in the past but the biggest change is there are 3 categories this time around!
Single Fantasy (Pathfinder, Dark Heaven Legends, Warlord, Bones, LJC, Mouselings)
Single Non-Fantasy (Chornoscope, Savage Worlds, CAV)
Diorama – more than one figure or one large figure (50mm base needed normally) on an awesome base
Prizes (each category):
1st--$50 reaper online gift card
2nd--$25 reaper online gift card
3st--$15 reaper online gift card
Best In Show Prize: If there are enough entries we'll have a best in show prize. This is still TBA.
Other prizes: Several of the Judges are professional authors and cartoonists and they've all expressed interest in adding swag to the contest. How these books will be awarded is still being decided.
- All entries must be made by Reaper.
- Entries must be in by May 17th at 11:59 pm MST
- Enter as many times as you want but only one entry per person per category can make it to the final voting round.
- Each entry needs to be uploaded to the appropriate thread. Please attach your entries using the forum uploading feature or hotlink from the Inspiration Gallery. We want to make sure they're visible at all times.
- You may submit between one and four images of each entry. They do not need to be stitched into a single image file.
- Diorama entries should have between two and six images. (If you can catch it all in just one picture, is it REALLY a diorama?)
- Digital enhancement ("Photoshopping") of your entry is strictly prohibited.
- No clone brush, healing brush, airbrush, or other brush work. Fix your paint with paint, not with Photoshop.
- No adding or removing background elements from the image
- If you add a logo or a watermark Reaper cannot use your image in their gallery. Note that if your image is selected for the Reaper gallery, you will be credited by name under the image.
- Cropping, global color balance, and global level adjustments are allowed ("global" means "the entire image." You may not "pop" colors by only selecting some areas for level adjustment.)
- You are allowed to enter miniatures and dioramas that will also be entered into the Master Series Open for this Year’s Reapercon.
- There are no rules on when a figure has to be started or if you finished it before the contest. We want this to be a fun contest and would hope people will paint something for it but don’t want to police people.
- The judges or Reaper reserves the right to remove entries if deemed inappropriate, but the general nudity rules will be lifted for this contest.
- The judges and Reaper can clarify and amend rules at will.
- Voting will be done using the Instant-runoff voting system
- There will be a vote for each category as well as for a best in show.