War may be hell, but it is also expensive. As hostilities never seem to stop in Taltos, every faction is always in need of funds for their coffers to feed the machine of War. Taxation and the spoils of battle are never enough, and that makes an opportunity like this one too tempting.
It has long been rumored that there is an island where generations of pirates buried their plunder. The stories tell that the legendary pirate king Caine the Crimson was the last pirate to know the location of the island. He and the crew of his ship, the Dark Phoenix, disappeared some 50 years ago, and some say the island was there destination. They were never seen or heard from again… that is, until Caine’s charts showed up in Port Gangrel. News of the charts spread like wildfire, and it wasn’t long before a ship was under way to find the island. All of the factions of Taltos set out in pursuit, each with the same goal: to find and seize the gold from La Isla del Tesoro!
The tournament is a story arc, although unfortunately not all participants will be able to play the three scenarios in order due to logistical issues. The terrain for the tournament is composed of 2 islands. Each island is broken down into 3 connected tables of terrain: a beachhead at the western end, an elevated ruins section in the middle, and a rocky cove at the eastern end. Each scenario is keyed to a specific part of the island’s terrain, and each section has special rules that apply to it.
In the first of the three scenarios, All Ashore, the players will compete to rendezvous with their shore party while attempting to prevent their opponent from doing the same. This scenario takes place on the beachhead on the western end of the island. In the second scenario, Pieces of Eight, the players will compete to find the most buried treasure. This scenario will take place on the elevated ruins of the middle section of the fractured island. In the third scenario, The Phoenix Rises, the players will race to seize control of the legendary pirate ship, the Dark Phoenix, and sail away with their booty.
Tournament specific rules for the ReaperCon 2012 Warlord Tournament:
- 1) All models using the Swift Attack ability must have space to make base to base contact with the enemy model they wish to attack on their action.
- 2) When using the Summoned (Demon) SA granted by the Gate ability of the Demonic Conclave doctrine for the Darkspawn faction, demons summoned in this manner must be of equal or lesser point value than the summoning model.
- 3) Sir Broderick, Justicar is allowed to lead Justicar soldiers.
- 4) The spells Flaming Arrows and Barrage do not stack. If a model has both cast on it, the player must chose which spell is in effect for each Shoot Action.
- 5) The abilities gained by the Howl portion of the Koborlas "Call of the Wild" Doctrine can be used as a free action once per game turn.
The tourney itself will be a 3 round tourney, with each round lasting approx 90 minutes. Each player will bring a single 1000 point army list and play that same army list for all three rounds. Players will be allowed to choose faction doctrines to be in affect before the start of each round. the actual round times are still to be determined, but I imagine it to be similar to last year where we had one late morning round, a break for lunch, and then two after noon rounds. (ex.11am, 2pm, 4pm).
LINK TO THE SCENARIOS: http://www.stubbdog....RCON2012_WL.pdf
If you have any questions, post them here and I will do my best to answer them promptly.
Oh, and go ahead and consider this thread to be a sign up sheet as well to claim spots... I will update this list as people claim spots.
1. Shakandara - Vince
2. Kuro Cleanbrush - Ian
4. Fruggs - Angela
5. JeffyBaby - Jeff
6. HerzogBrian - Brian
8. Don Rodolfo Graziani - a.k.a. Thirsty Steve - Steve
1. Evil Monkey
2. Wowaboy - Dan
3. HumanSquish - Jeff
4. Vutpakdi - Ron